- Give Squidoo what it wants. Look Squidoo doesn't hate affiliate marketers as long as their getting a piece of the action. So be sure to add some relevant eBay or Amazon modules to every lens you create. The more sales your lens creates the higher it's search ranking within Squidoo which can get you a decent amount of traffic.
- Make your lens an overview of a given topic. Instead of making cookie cutter sales page type lenses for different products make overview lenses where you curate the best content on the web (and throw in some links to your own pages while your at it). Make sure you keep it up to date so it's always a valid resource for your readers.
- Hang out in the Squidoo Forums. No it's not a waste of time. You can post links to your new lenses and ask people to review them. This is a sure fire way to get more SquidLikes and traffic to your page.
- Use the Squidoo search feature. A search term may have tons of competition on Google but very little on Squidoo itself. Remember some lensmasters come to Squidoo first to search for information as a way to support the community. You can get traffic for your page without ever ranking high in Google.
- Make sure you interlink all of your related lenses. Remember that the nofollow update applies only to outgoing links that means you can still boost your own lenses by using the related lenses module or by direct links within the lens.
Tuesday, April 2, 2013
How To Use Squidoo.com To Drive Traffic After The Nofollow Update
So as I wrote about in an earlier post Squidoo.com is changing all their links from dofollow to nofollow. While I think this is a bad move on Squidoo's part as it punishes affiliate marketers who may have spent valuable time and money building up links to their Web 2.0 property only to now see that the links won't pass thru to their money site. I also believe that Squidoo will still be great way to drive traffic to your website or blog and even make some extra money while you're at it. With the nofollow update now the rules have changed and if you want to get results from Squidoo you'll need to play along.